3.17.2005

Welcome to my world.

Ok, so this is the first post on this blog and I am going to try my best to stay away from the whole "hello, my name is" format. I somehow feel compelled to introduce myself, but I'd rather let future posts do that for me. I am fighting the urge to attempt humor in my first posting, so bear with me. Really, I'm quite a gas...

Right now, if you can picture this, I am at work in my little fabric-padded cubicle. I have a small desk-top lamp in lieu of a window, a cork board on which to pin things I am proud of, an uncomfortable chair for guests in my "office," and various personal artifacts I have scattered around in an effort to express myself (miniature plastic indian, anyone?). I spend too much time here, so many of my posts will probably originate from this lousy old office chair. The only good thing I can say about my job is that it is a good job, in the way that firefighters have a good job. I'm a fundraiser for a non-profit agency. Even if I go home with lower back pain from this crappy chair and a headache from my boss, I can go home knowing that I've done something worthwhile.

So that's it. Now you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home