I missed the boat.
Just days after my recent post, stories started popping up everywhere about the swarm of conservatives that have decended upon the struggling, cash-strapped PBS. The New York Times had something to say, as did The Washington Post, NPR, and just about everyone else. Of course, the other team got their word in too.
There was an especially comedic conservative on The Connection (from WBUR in Boston) who is advocating that Nova, that most iconic of PBS science programming, should be giving "fair and balanced" coverage to creationist theory. And to scientists who think global warming is a hoax. And to anyone who can counter Bill Moyers, whom he painted as a loud-mouthed, closed-minded, fire-breathing demon. You can listen to him here. Enjoy.
Anyway, the point of this post is that I missed the boat. I was stranded in a digital void, internet-less and laptop-less (that sounds almost racy...ok, not really), forced to do what I could from work. Which was hardly anything.
Well, hell. I just might write about this issue anyway. Who will read it? Anyone who has a decent attention span and an interest in preserving the last two venues that Republicans haven't snatched or stolen.
Coming tomorrow...who's cuter: Bill Moyers or Ann Coulter?
There was an especially comedic conservative on The Connection (from WBUR in Boston) who is advocating that Nova, that most iconic of PBS science programming, should be giving "fair and balanced" coverage to creationist theory. And to scientists who think global warming is a hoax. And to anyone who can counter Bill Moyers, whom he painted as a loud-mouthed, closed-minded, fire-breathing demon. You can listen to him here. Enjoy.
Anyway, the point of this post is that I missed the boat. I was stranded in a digital void, internet-less and laptop-less (that sounds almost racy...ok, not really), forced to do what I could from work. Which was hardly anything.
Well, hell. I just might write about this issue anyway. Who will read it? Anyone who has a decent attention span and an interest in preserving the last two venues that Republicans haven't snatched or stolen.
Coming tomorrow...who's cuter: Bill Moyers or Ann Coulter?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home