An Office? Yes, an office.
I have an office. With a window and an actual wooden desk and a printer right next to it. I am very pleased with these latest developments. Why such change, you ask? What did I do to escape the padded cubicle, to escape the beige world of white clock faces and pencil-necked bossmen leaning in over my low cubicle walls?
I got a new job. Ha.
I am still raising funds, but for a larger agency. One that works on several fronts to help rebuild communities in a particularly blighted area of St. Louis: providing free and reduced childcare to help the working poor, offering business incubator and small business development services, and organizing with the neighborhood association. And they really walk the walk. My boss lives in the neighborhood, our offices are in the neighborhood, and we bring our supporters into the neighborhood for meetings, lunches, and just to show them around.
I feel good about this. I feel like I'm walking the walk. Aside from the much improved working environment and the progressive mindset and atmosphere, I really feel like taking this position is my small contribution to the movement to bring people, families, and commuinities out of poverty, one neighborhood at a time.
My favorite photo-maker will back me up on this point: I have been in a great mood since leaving my last job, and an even better mood since starting the new one and dissolving the anxiety that always comes along with taking a new position.
I feel renewed. Check out their website here.
I got a new job. Ha.
I am still raising funds, but for a larger agency. One that works on several fronts to help rebuild communities in a particularly blighted area of St. Louis: providing free and reduced childcare to help the working poor, offering business incubator and small business development services, and organizing with the neighborhood association. And they really walk the walk. My boss lives in the neighborhood, our offices are in the neighborhood, and we bring our supporters into the neighborhood for meetings, lunches, and just to show them around.
I feel good about this. I feel like I'm walking the walk. Aside from the much improved working environment and the progressive mindset and atmosphere, I really feel like taking this position is my small contribution to the movement to bring people, families, and commuinities out of poverty, one neighborhood at a time.
My favorite photo-maker will back me up on this point: I have been in a great mood since leaving my last job, and an even better mood since starting the new one and dissolving the anxiety that always comes along with taking a new position.
I feel renewed. Check out their website here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home