Summer jobs
It's been three weeks since classes ended. I was ready march myself to the doorsteps of this town's finest dining establishments, prepared to lean on experience from eight long years ago in an effort to get a decent job waiting tables a couple nights per week. The search for fundraising consulting work hadn't panned out, so I went on a vacation and planned to whore myself out as a tight-waisted server as soon as I returned.
And then the calls came. First from one organization, then from another. Both of them had told me they didn't have anything in the works only mere weeks ago. And now, my friends, I have too much work and I am in the enviable position of picking and choosing with whom I will consult for the remainder of my summer. I could take all the work and make a bundle, but that would take 40+ hours per week, and who wants that? Not I. I want my leisure and my money, thanks.
And since you spend enough time in front of a computer to get bored enough to surf on over to my blog, you'll appreciate Pandora. It's a wicked music site. You create a "station" (you can have many, many stations) around one band or song, and it plays an endless stream of music in a similar vein. I am, at this very moment, listening to The Shins Radio. Yummy.
Also, I haven't been back to Second Life since that last post. I am rather enjoying my first life.
And then the calls came. First from one organization, then from another. Both of them had told me they didn't have anything in the works only mere weeks ago. And now, my friends, I have too much work and I am in the enviable position of picking and choosing with whom I will consult for the remainder of my summer. I could take all the work and make a bundle, but that would take 40+ hours per week, and who wants that? Not I. I want my leisure and my money, thanks.
And since you spend enough time in front of a computer to get bored enough to surf on over to my blog, you'll appreciate Pandora. It's a wicked music site. You create a "station" (you can have many, many stations) around one band or song, and it plays an endless stream of music in a similar vein. I am, at this very moment, listening to The Shins Radio. Yummy.
Also, I haven't been back to Second Life since that last post. I am rather enjoying my first life.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home