Well, there goes that...

I have not felt so politically saddened since the moment in 2004 when I saw, to my horror, that Bush, Jr. had indeed stolen another term in office.
John Edwards is exiting the race for the Democratic presidential nomination at 1 PM today. I didn't even have the chance to vote for him. I didn't have the opportunity to drop my name into the bucket that never quite got to filling, in favor of the only candidate that always addresses poverty, that openly discusses the latent racism affecting the lives of millions, that gave labor, environmental protection, and health care the attention they deserve.
I don't know whom I'll be voting for next Tuesday. I can't get excited about Clinton and I fear that racism and conservatism (yes, even within the Democratic party) will make Obama a risky candidate in the general election. He's exciting, he's refreshing, but he's also relatively inexperienced and a racial minority. Racism, despite all the efforts to declare it dead, is alive and well and thriving, trouncing opportunities, fueling unemployment lines and housing crises.
I'm not sure how to conclude this post, dear reader. My bubble of hope has burst. That is a crummy cliche, but I don't care. I miss my bubble.
Labels: Politics


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home