10.09.2005

Miscellany

My beau is on the phone with his parents. He is on a cell phone and he feels that he has to talk at a volume that closely resembles shouting, and there is not quite enough square footage in our charming apartment to find a quiet place for concentration and writing of anything meaningful. So, here is a run down of passing thoughts for the day.

We clipped all three animals' nails today. There was growling (from the cat) and a bit of whining (from the dog), but all went well. One of our cats has decided that the livingroom couch possesses a texture that simply cannot be replicated by any sort of stratching post, carpet remnant, sissel board, cardboard box scratchy thing covered with catnip, or cat tower. He must have the couch. I have covered the corners of the couch with double-sided cats-off sticky tape, but this cat is no slouch. He moves over six inches and has his way with the back of the couch. I cannot cover the entire couch with double-sided tape, so I have resolved to clip his nails at least weekly to minimize the damage. A slip-cover may be in order shortly, but I fear that such a simple measure will not deter him. Perhaps several slip-covers are in order. Hm.

My favorite photo-maker and I ate brunch at a new vegetarian diner today. We ate lots of tofu and my man has been producing volumes of noxious emissions for the past hours. I don't fart. Ever.

After brunch, we did some browsing around antique stores. We browsed through rusted crap, dusty crap, rotten crap, falling-apart crap. Some decent stuff, especially in the newer stores targeted toward the retro crowd. But lots and lots of crap. Who buys this stuff? I feel for the owners whenever we go to that area of town. They look at me and think: always a browser, never a buyer. That seems to be the rule for most people down there. I don't know how they stay in business, asking $50 for a dirty table with three legs. Call me unappreciative. I call it overpriced.

I am reading Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. It is great.

That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

That last comment is slanderous. She has no idea what she's talking about. I don't even know who she is.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Alexander Wolfe said...

Have you seen the movie yet? I saw it today, and enjoyed it quite thoroughly. Though, I find it's usually a good idea to see the movie before you read the book (if you're a late-comer to the party anyway) as movies ruin books a lot less then books ruin movies, usually by setting your epectations for the movie too high.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home