4.03.2006

Mothers...

So after swooping back into the digi-world with that last post more than a week ago, and after much going on about how I was back for some admittedly inconsistent posting, my beautiful computer died. It just said, "click." That was it. Black screen. Dead.

After a bit of frantic searching on another computer to discern what home remedies could be performed, and finding none, my favorite photo-maker and I each took turns pressing and holding the power button, hoping. Then we would give it a rest. And then more pressing. Still nothing.

Of course, I had not backed up any files whatsoever. Who needs to back up files? This is Mac!

Right.

So I brought it in to the "genius bar" at my local Apple store. The "genius" (read: skinny kid who needed a shave) told me that my logic board had passed on. A logic board is also a "mother board" for all you non-Mac people out there. It is the computer. It does everything. My computer needed a new one.

And since she (the computer) was still under Apple's lovely warranty, she was taken care of for free. Which was a relief worth about $800.

Despite this story, Macs are better. And more interesting. And better looking. All the cool people have one. Ask your mom to buy you one.

I'll be backing up my files this weekend. Very exciting news. Aren't you glad you read this?

Happy trails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home