The Wine, The Cheese
This past Friday night, my favorite photo-maker and I gathered our friends for a very lovely, very tasty wine and cheese party. Not your typical late-90s yuppie ego-pumping suave-showing type of party. More like an early-70s gourmand festival, featuring more cheese, meats, nuts, chutneys, mustards, olives, and breads than anyone should be allowed to eat in one evening. We would like to thank Trader Joe's and Whole Foods for making us look like we know much more about cheese and the requisite accompaniments than we actually do.
I must say that now, however, we have been schooled. Fromager d'affinois? Ah, yes. A member of the Brie family, best with strong reds, dry whites, or champagne. You are impressed, no?
We set out a piquant comte, a nutty Leerdammer, the aforementioned fromager d'affinois, a danish blue, and a tame manchego. And of course, as I am a serious organization addict, I made little signs to stick in the cheeses. A good time, I believe, was had by all.
For the first time in a long time, the turntable was dusted off and put to use. I had forgotten how much I love vinyl. Especially when it comes to jazz, blues, folk and classic country. So last night I went vinyl shopping. It has been a long time. Came home with some Art Blakey, some Hank Mobley, some Sonny Rollins, and a collection of classic Bollywood tunes. Nothing like sitting around on a Sunday afternoon with some old records.
I must say that now, however, we have been schooled. Fromager d'affinois? Ah, yes. A member of the Brie family, best with strong reds, dry whites, or champagne. You are impressed, no?
We set out a piquant comte, a nutty Leerdammer, the aforementioned fromager d'affinois, a danish blue, and a tame manchego. And of course, as I am a serious organization addict, I made little signs to stick in the cheeses. A good time, I believe, was had by all.
For the first time in a long time, the turntable was dusted off and put to use. I had forgotten how much I love vinyl. Especially when it comes to jazz, blues, folk and classic country. So last night I went vinyl shopping. It has been a long time. Came home with some Art Blakey, some Hank Mobley, some Sonny Rollins, and a collection of classic Bollywood tunes. Nothing like sitting around on a Sunday afternoon with some old records.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home